So then i have been working in the same way for a while now and I really want to mix things up this year. This one (unfinished at the mo) is painted onto plaster board. I have used the natural colour of the lining paper to create the grey layer. On top of the grey layer I have used acrylic paint to produce the black layer and have spent many hours carving into the plaster board to show the white layer. unfortunately as I have chipped away the lining paper the plaster board has been substantially weakened and the painting was snapped in transit. This was the day before it was due to be exhibited so it was a desperate affair to try to restore the painting. Thankfully some kind person had already invented No More Nails so it was easy enough to brace the back of the painting and has been successfully repaired and displayed. If you are enjoying my work why dont you check out my web page for loads more content.